Frequently Asked Questions About Training With Us
TDVL / PDVL Frequently Asked Questions
Step 1: Ensure you meet the requirements
- Be at least 30 years old at the point of application
- Be a Singapore Citizen
- Have a valid Class 3 or 3A Singapore driving licence for a continuous period of at least 1 year at the point of application
- GCE”O” or “N” Level certificate, with pass (at least a D7 grade) in English or a Level 3 pass in English under the Workplace Literacy (WPL) programme for Listening, Reading and Speaking
Step 2: Submit your application
- Submit your application online via LicenceOne. Login and search for “Taxi Driver Vocational Licence”.
- During the application, you will need to upload these documents:
o Driving licence
o Passport size photo
o Education certificate
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $40 via credit card, debit card or PayPal
- If you are self-employed, you will need to have up-to-date Medisave contributions. To check the status of your Medisave contributions, login to your CPF account using your SingPass.
- It will take about 30 working days to process your application if all the documents are in order
What should I do if I cannot find my educational certificate or I don’t have the N or O level certificate?
All TDVL/PDVL applicants are required to produce documentary proof of their ability to speak and read simple English.
The applicant must possess either of the following documents, GCE O level or N level passed in English, with at least a D7 grade. Or the applicant must possess a Level 3 or higher pass in English, ie Comprehensive/ Conversation under the Workplace Literacy (WPL) programme.
- You may check with MOE whether they can retrieve your educational certificate.
You may use this link to retrieve your certificates:-
- Else applicants will have to sit for a computerized English test (the Workplace literacy Computer-Adaptive Test or WPL-CAT) for modules (Listening, Reading and Speaking)
You must attain at least a level 3 and above pass grade for all the 3 modules (Speaking, Listening and Reading).
You may register for the course via: –
- Online: cdgtaxi.com.sg or use this link:- http://elearn.cdgtaxi.com.sg/comfortdelgro/CDG_Logon.aspx
- Walk-in: 600 Sin Ming Avenue, level 1, Singapore 575733.
- Or scan this QR Code
• It will take about 30 working days for LTA to process your application, if all the documents are in order.
Upon receiving the LTA Approval either via email/letter, you need to undergo a complete medical check-up and chest x-ray at any local clinic.
We operate from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
You must bring the following items:
1. LTA approval email/letter,
2. Medical & X-ray reports,
3. A copy of your GCE ‘O’ or ‘N’ Level certificate, with pass (at least a D7 grade) in English or a Level 3 pass in English under the Workplace Literacy (WPL) programme for Listening, Reading and Speaking,
5. Driving Licence
• For TDVL, trainee has to attend 2 full days course and sit for the 3 E-test.
• For PDVL, trainee has to attend 1 full day course and sit for the 2 E-test.
No, all TDVL/PDVL applicants are required to undergo a complete medical check-up and chest x-ray before they register for the course.
TDVL-$294.25 (Inclusive of GST)
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Eligible for SkillsFuture Claim||$240.75|
|Not eligible for SkillsFuture Claim||$53.50|
PDVL-$155.15 (Inclusive of GST)
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Eligible for SkillsFuture Claim||$128.40|
|Not eligible for SkillsFuture Claim||$26.75|
For TDVL: –
- You can utilize your SkillsFuture Credit to pay your course fee up to $240.75 (inclusive of GST) and pay the remaining balance, $53.50.
For PDVL: –
- You can utilize your SkillsFuture Credit to pay your course fee up to $128.40 (inclusive of GST) and pay the remaining balance, $26.75.
You may use this link: https://www.skillsfuture.sg/
The TDVL/PDVL course will be conducted at: –
600 Sin Ming Avenue, ComfortDelGro Taxi Training Hub, Singapore 575733.
Where will the E-test be held at? –
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has appointed Singapore Polytechnic (SP) as a new test centre for the Taxi Driver’s Vocational Licence (TDVL) and Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence (PDVL) courses.
SP will conduct the E-test service from 15 August 2020 onwards.
ComfortDelGro Taxi is one of three appointed training centres that can conduct not only the TDVL Course but also the Private Car Driver’s Vocational Licence (PDVL) Course and the Taxi Refresher Course.
1. Upon completing the training programme and passing all the prescribed tests, you can request for a Temporary Licence from the Test Centre, which will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
2. LTA will send the actual licence via Registered mail to your home address in 6 months
If applicants need to postpone their course date, the notification period must be more than 14 working days before commencement of the TDVL course.
No Administrative Fee will be imposed. A new course date will be arranged but the participant must take the course within the next 1 month from the re-scheduled date, failing which, the Course Fee will not be refunded.
● For notification periods that are less than 14 working days before commencement of the TDVL course, an Administrative Fee of: –
For TDVL an administrative Fee of $50 + 7% GST will be imposed.
For PDVL, an Administrative Fee of $25 + 7% GST will be imposed.
● For any requests received on/after the date of the course had commenced, the Course Fee will not be refunded.
The TDVL Course fee is $294.25. More than 80% of the course fee can be offset by your SkillsFuture credits while the remaining can be paid in cash or NETS.